These muffins are great on thier own, but if you add cream cheese frosting, they make a YUMMY dessert!
Healthy Carrot Muffin Cupcakes
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp wheat germ
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup applesauce or vegetable oil
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups finely grated carrots
1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350. Line or grease muffin tin.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. In another bowl, beat eggs, applesauce or oil, and vanilla.
- Quickly and lightly, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir in the carrots and pinapple until just evenly moist- the batter will be very thick. Divide the batter evenly amoun the muffin cups.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.