I spent the day at my girlfriend’s parent’s beach house last week. I wanted to bring lunch, so I made my standard Chicken Salad– updated with slivered almonds and chopped hazelnuts, organic mayo, and a load of Herbes de Provence and a quick loaf of bread. I dug through the pantry and freezer to see what kind of tea I could concoct. What I came up with far exceeded my expectations. I only hope that I can recreate it again!
Fruit Herbal Iced Tea
- 14 bags Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger Tea
- 3 quarts water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 bag frozen mango
- 1/2 bag frozen raspberries
- 1 cup oj
- Brew and steep tea in 3 qts of water.
- Dissolve 1 cup sugar into hot tea.
- Defrost frozen fruit in microwave until juices start to form and fruit turns mushy.
- Pass through a food mill with the smallest disk . Strain fruit juice into hot tea.
- Add OJ and fill pitcher with ice.
- Serve ice cold with a mint sprig.