Chewy Granola Bars
Adapted from KAF
- 1 2/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond butter or seed butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces, mini if possible
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- Line a 9×13 backing dish with parchment or aluminum foil. Spray well, these guys are sticky! Preheat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine dry ingredients and mix to incorporate. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, agave and vanilla. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and mix well.
- Press mixture into pan, leveling with your hands. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Carefully remove from pan, while keeping on the paper/foil. Let cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars and store wrapped tightly. They tend to fall apart, but we just eat the pieces like granola!