When I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner last night, I decided to get a little inventive and create something without consulting my cookbook library or the internet. The end result was tasty enough to convince me that I don’t always need someone else’s help when putting together a dish.
Chicken with Herbed Goat Cheese and Prosciutto
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, dried, and pounded to 1 inch thickness
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine goat cheese, 2 tbsp wine, rosemary, salt and pepper; mixing well.
- Spread goat cheese mixture on chicken breasts. Top with prosciutto.
- Pour remaining wine into medium baking dish. Place chicken, prosciutto side up, in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.