I’ve been holding on to this recipe for years and thought it was finally time to put it to use. I should’ve known better than to “cheat” at risotto. I thought it was good, but gummy. Forrest thought it was pretty terrible. This will not be a repeat.
Pressure Cooker Risotto
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. fresh ground nutmeg (optional)
- Melt 1 Tbsp. of the butter in the pressure cooker and heat, uncovered, over medium-high heat. Stir in the rice to coat the grains with the butter, and cook about 1 minute longer. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until it is mostly absorbed by the rice. Add 4 cups of the broth.
- Cover the pressure cooker, set the pressure to high, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and release pressure quickly. Remove the lid.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup broth, 1 Tbsp. butter, and the cheese and stir well to combine with the rice. Season with the salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.