I never knew I was a fan of meatloaf until I made this recipe. We all know I love Italian food and this tastes like meatballs. Served alongside some smashed potatoes, this is a dish straight up my alley!
|RECIPE: Meatloaf adapted from How to Cook Everything
- 2 slices day old bread (or lightly toasted bread) processed in food processor until crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1.5-2 pounds ground meats (while a mixture would be nice, I’m still working on using up the venison, this was a great place for it! I cut the venison with 4 slices of thick bacon when I ground it)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 medium carrots, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 can plain tomato sauce
- Heat the oven to 350.
- Mix bread crumbs and milk and let rest for 5 minutes. (Store bought bread crumbs can be substituted, just skip the milk soak.)
- Combine all ingredients except sauce and shape into a loaf.
- Place in a baking dish coated with olive oil and pour sauce over loaf.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, basting occasionally with the sauce.