I needed to take still life shots for photography class, so I decided there’s no better still life than a freshly baked cookie. I’d been holding onto the famed Neiman Marcus cookie recipe for years and just happened to have all the ingredients on hand, so it was the logical choice. The cookies were tasty and chewy, but very dry.
|Neiman Marcus Cookie
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups oatmeal, ground in food processor
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce chocolate bar, grated
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Add chocolate chips and grated chocolate.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375° or until golden brown.