These rolls make great sandwich rolls, they just need a little less sugar.
Bavarian Pretzel Rolls
Adapted from Food.com
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- kosher salt for sprinkling
- 1 quarts cold water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, mix 1/3 cup warm water with the yeast and let stand until foamy.
- Add remaining water, milk, sugar, and melted butter and mix to dissolve.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix on medium low speed, adding remaining flour as needed.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Roll into a 24 inch log and cut into 12 2 inch pieces.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Form into rolls and cover. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large stockpot, bring water to boil and add baking soda.
- Drop rolls, 2 at a time, into the boiling water and boil for 30 seconds, turning once.
- Arrange rolls on lined baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle rolls with salt.
- Bake about 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool on wire rack.