This stew is warm, comforting, and super simple. You can use dried cannellini beans in place of the canned, as long as you cook them ahead of time.
Tuscan White Bean Stew
adapted from Food to Live By
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 cans cannellini beans
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 mins. Remove the bacon bits, but keep leave the grease in the pot. Add carrots and cook about 5 mins.
- Add the stock, 2 cans beans, tomatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer gently until heated through.
- Meanwhile, puree remaining can of beans and stir into soup.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and top with bacon bits.. Serve hot.