I spent the day at my girlfriend’s parent’s beach house last week. I wanted to bring lunch, so I made my standard Chicken Salad– updated with slivered almonds and chopped hazelnuts, organic mayo, and a load of Herbes de Provence and a quick loaf of bread. I dug through the pantry and freezer to see what kind of tea I could concoct. What I came up with far exceeded my expectations. I only hope that I can recreate it again!
Fruit Herbal Iced Tea
- 14 bags Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger Tea
- 3 quarts water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 bag frozen mango
- 1/2 bag frozen raspberries
- 1 cup oj
- Brew and steep tea in 3 qts of water.
- Dissolve 1 cup sugar into hot tea.
- Defrost frozen fruit in microwave until juices start to form and fruit turns mushy.
- Pass through a food mill with the smallest disk . Strain fruit juice into hot tea.
- Add OJ and fill pitcher with ice.
- Serve ice cold with a mint sprig.
At the Boo-B-Q, I typically offer this non-alcoholic option. It’s yummy!
Apple Orchard Punch
makes 24 4 oz. servings
1 cup orange juice
32 oz apple juice, chilled
12 oz can frozen cranberry juice cocktail concentrate
6 cups ginger ale, chilled
1 red apple, uncored, thinly sliced
Combine juices in a large punch bowl, stirring to combine. At serving time, add ginger ale and float apple slices on top.